Do you know how to treat a bleeding wound?
It can be confronting coming across someone who is bleeding.
It's important to act quickly in order to reduce blood loss.
Here are some quick steps on how you can help:
- Put direct pressure over the wound.
- Elevate the injured limb where possible.
- Apply a pad over the wound with a secure bandage.
- If the casualty gets light-headed, lie them down.
- Monitor the casualty and dial triple zero (000) should their condition not improve.
For more first aid tips and advice please visit: http://bit.ly/2jDcAbb